I find myself skipping breakfast too many times, only to over-indulge later in the morning. Make ahead breakfast recipes are an absolute godsend when you are rushing around in the morning.
MINI FRITTATAS WITH SPINACH AND RED PEPPER
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 red bell pepper, diced small (about 1/2 cup)
1/2 small yellow onion, diced small (about 1/2 cup)
about 3 cups loosely packed spinach, roughly chopped
4 egg whites
1/4 cup skim milk
2/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease or spray a tin for 12 muffins.
2. In a medium frying pan, heat the oil over medium high heat. When hot, throw in peppers and
onions and saute until softened, about five minutes, stirring occasionally. Add spinach and stir
gently until wilted. Remove from heat.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, skim milk, cheese, salt and pepper.
4. Pour egg mixture into prepared muffin tin so that each one is about 1/2 to 2/3 full. Add sauteed
vegetables evenly to each of the 12 muffins.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until puffed up and golden brown. Leave in muffin tin for about 5
minutes before removing and serving.
For more recipes from Rachel, visit Rachel Cooks
Quick. Easy. Healthy. This recipe includes a couple ingredients to make these strawberry overnight oats
taste like cheesecake: a single serving of Greek yogurt and a touch of cream cheese.
Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats