Swan Coach House Frozen Fruit Salad Recipe
(Recipe courtesy Atlanta CVB)
1 cup each:
- pitted dark sweet cherries (canned), drained
- pineapple tidbits, drained
- chopped canned peaches, drained
- chopped pecan, lightly toasted
- seedless grapes (halved)
- chopped banana (one medium banana)
2 cups whipping cream
2 TBS powdered sugar
4 cups lemon curd (or vanilla or lemon yogurt)
whipped cream for garnish
- Drain all fruits in a colander; place in a bowl and use a spoon to mix fruits evenly.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold in the powdered sugar and lemon curd.
- Mix in the fruits and pecans.
- Line a round mold (or a coffee can) or a large loaf pan.
- Freeze 8 hours or until firm.
- To serve remove Frozen Fruit Salad from the mold, unwrap and cut into 1 – 1½-inch slices.
- Garnish each slice with a whipped cream rosette.
Makes about 12 servings – depending on size of mold(s) used.