Watermelon season has arrived, and I love watermelon.
It’s so refreshing.
Photo: Pam Ahern
Recipe: NomNom Paleo
- 3 pounds seedless watermelon cubes
- 1 cup coconut water
- Juice from 1 lime
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Crack open your watermelon and roughly chop it into cubes that are the same size.
- Throw the cubes into a blender and pour in the coconut water. (If your blender has less capacity than 64 ounces, you can divide the recipe and blend everything up in two batches.)
- Add the juice from one lime and a smidge of sea salt.
- Blitz until liquefied. If your blender isn’t super powerful and you end up with some chunky pulp, just strain it out.
- Chill it in the refrigerator, and then serve over ice. Or if you’re as impatient as I am, just pour it over ice and enjoy immediately.
- You can store this summery beverage in a sealed container for up to 2 days, but remember to shake the heck out of it before serving.